Wow! Can you believe that July is already here? I realize that we are not even halfway through summer break, but do you know what will start appearing in stores right after the Fourth of July? That’s right: school supplies! Even as an adult, seeing those huge displays of brand new notebooks, folders, highlighters, pens, and pencils fills me with excitement and anticipation for the new school year. In case you are as eager as I am to get your new school supplies, I am including a list of supplies that you will need for the new school year.
I hope you have a safe and fun Fourth of July!
Supply list needed for the classroom:
- (1) pencil box
- (4) spiral notebooks (wide rule)
- (4) two pocket folders (red, blue, yellow, green)
- (1) 3-ring binder (1 inch)
- (3) packs of 3”x3” sticky notes
- (4) dry erase markers
- (1) highlighter
- (1) scissors
- (1) package of colored pencils
- (1) pair gym shoes to be left at school for physical education class
**Please do not bring a large trapper keeper type binder. These are just too big to store in the desks in our classroom.**
Highly recommended items:
- extra #2 pencils
- (2) large glue sticks
Below are additional supplies that kids often like to bring for their private use.
- colored marking pen for editing/correcting (not black or blue)
- small hand pencil sharpener