It is hard to believe that we have already completed our first month of school! I’m really enjoying watching your kids come together as a community. Here are a few highlights from this week:
- On Thursday morning, I needed to be out of the classroom for a training. The substitute reported that your kids were well behaved and worked hard.
- On Friday, we conducted a lockdown practice. Our class was outside at the time that the lockdown practice was called, and the students did a great job of following instructions quickly and calmly.
- We enjoyed a visit by Eagles varsity football players, cheerleaders, super fans, and members of the drumline.
- We ended the day by spending some time enjoying a craft activity with our kindergarten buddies.
- We are excited to begin science this week!
- New reading logs will be coming home on Monday. Students are responsible for reading 100 minutes each week and having a parent initial their reading logs. Reading logs will be checked each Monday morning.
- Book It calendars are also coming home. Please note that students should still be filling out their classroom reading log; Book It calendars are turned in to Mrs. VandenBerg at the end of the month.
- PTC meeting – Thursday, Oct. 5 6:30 in the Georgetown Elementary Library
- Popcorn Friday – October 6