- Our Valentine’s activity for fifth grade will be a classroom activity.
- We will NOT need parent volunteers for our activity, but we will be asking for snack donations.
- We will have classroom Valentine exchanges on February 14. If your child chooses to participate, please send in a Valentine for every student in the class.
- Some students have asked about making a Valentine box. If students wish to do so, they may, but it is certainly not required. I will have bags for students to use for Valentines as well. Students who wish to make a Valentine box should plan to bring it in on Wednesday, February 14 and to bring it home that day as well.
Parent chaperones are needed for fifth grade camp, which is on May 17-18.
- A form came home this past week with information about volunteering as a chaperone.
- If you’re interested in volunteering, please return the form no later than Wednesday, February 14.
- Names of interested parents will be entered into a drawing.
- All parents will be notified whether they’ve been selected on February 28.
- We are continuing Unit 5: Division with Whole Numbers and Decimals.
- We will begin a research unit in both reading and writing.
- We are finishing up our unit on Life In the Colonies. Students will have a test on Thursday, Feb. 15 on this unit. Study guide has been sent home.
- We continue our unit called, “Ch-Ch-Changes,” that has to do with matter.