About Mrs. Ball

Hello!  My name is Nicole Ball, and this is my third year teaching fifth grade at Georgetown Elementary.  I have been with Hudsonville Public Schools since 2000.  I taught seventh grade ELA at Baldwin Street Middle School for five years.  During that time, I worked to earn my certification as a school library media specialist.  In 2005, I moved into the position of middle school media specialist for both Baldwin and Riley Street Middle Schools. I worked in that position for nine years before coming to Georgetown to teach fifth grade.  My passion is helping students develop deep and rich reading lives.  Working as a media specialist allowed me to do just that, but I really missed having my own classroom, so I am very excited to be here.

I grew up in Hudsonville and completed my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Grand Valley State University.  My husband Mike and I have been married for eighteen years; we live in Hudsonville with our two boys, Evan (10) and Carter (7).  When I have time to myself, I enjoy reading, writing, cooking, trying new foods, running, or relaxing at the beach. As a family we enjoy traveling, camping, and watching sports, especially hockey and baseball.  We like to combine those interests, and many of our family trips include seeing a game in a new stadium or arena.

2 thoughts on “About Mrs. Ball

• Posted on June 22, 2016 at 10:48 am

This is Mary! Your Future Student! I am Cathy’s daughter! Can’t wait to meet ya! Love to be ya!

Reply
    • Posted on June 23, 2016 at 9:21 am

Hi Mary! I am glad to see that you are visiting our blog already. I am very excited to meet you as well. Enjoy your summer!
      Love, Mrs. Ball

Reply