We have had all kinds of fun learning about events leading to the American Revolution. We will be taking our unit 5 vocabulary quiz on Wednesday, March 22 and our unit test on Friday, March 24. On Monday, students should bring home a study guide to help them review for the test. I have also set up a fun review on Quizzizz as another way for students to practice. To access it, students should follow these instructions:
Enter the code 202108
All of the test questions are represented on the Quizzizz activity, so it is a great opportunity for students to practice.
What’s Coming Up-Week of Mar. 13
- I’m looking forward to seeing all of you at conferences this week.
- Report cards were sent home with students today. Since the end of year report cards will be mailed or sent by email, there is no need to return the envelopes.
- Book Fair is this week. We had a chance to preview today, and students made wish lists. Our class will shop on Wednesday, March 15.
- We had a guest reader today! Dr. Ceglarek came to our classroom and shared a favorite book of his, The Magician’s Hat, by Malcolm Mitchell, and avid reader and a member of the New England Patriots football team. Dr. Ceglarek introduced the book with this video. We really enjoyed learning about Malcolm Mithcell and reading his book.
- Health movie on March 30.
- Operations and Word Problems
- Students are wrapping up their own historical fiction stories.
Spring is coming, and with it comes our annual state assessment. Fifth grade will be taking the M-STEP on the following dates:
Tuesday, April 11
Wednesday, April 12
Thursday, April 13
Tuesday, April 18
Wednesday, April 19
Thursday, April 20
Friday, April 21
Please avoid making appointments that would cause your child to miss school on these dates.
Georgetown’s spring book fair will be next week. Our class will visit the book fair to preview on Monday, March 13. We will return to shop on Wednesday, March 15.
I wanted to remind you that fifth-graders at Georgetown do not eat lunch until 1:05. Please be sure that you are sending in a morning snack with your child. Over the last few weeks, about five students have come without a snack each day. I try to keep a few extra snacks on hand in the cabinet for students who forget to bring one, but I think some students are relying on the emergency snacks rather than bringing their own. Thanks for your help!
Spring parent-teacher conferences will be March 13-15. Your child should be bringing home a gold colored half page sheet with your spring parent-teacher conference time. You can also view the conference schedule for our classroom here. If you cannot make your scheduled time, please let me know as soon as possible so that we can reschedule.