Fifth grade teachers have planned an activity for the entire fifth grade on the afternoon of Friday, Feb. 10. We will not need parent volunteers to help run the activity, but we will send out an email regarding donations of party supplies and snacks. We will hold Valentine exchanges in our individual classrooms earlier that day. If your child wishes to bring Valentine’s cards, please make sure that they have one for each student in our class. Click here for a list of students in our classroom.
- Rather than having traditional classroom parties, the fifth grade teachers have planned an activity for the entire fifth grade on the afternoon of Friday, Feb. 10. Individual classes will hold Valentine exchanges within their classrooms; watch your teacher’s blog for specific details.
- Early release for students on Friday, Feb. 3 and no school for students on Monday, Feb. 6.
- Watch for information regarding chaperones for fifth grade camp to come home during the week of Feb. 7.
- Division with whole numbers and decimals
- Life in Colonial America
- Students are reading historical fiction novels and writing their own historical fiction stories.
I hope you all enjoyed your snow day today! The update for this week is short, but it contains important information about holiday activities at GES.
- GES Holiday Program is Tuesday, Dec. 13! Mrs. Bretz and the students have been busy preparing a wonderful program for you to enjoy. Information about when and where students should report can be found on Mrs. Bretz’s blog.
- Our classroom holiday party will be on Wednesday, Dec. 21 from 9:45-10:45. Check your email for information that I sent home over the weekend including a link to sign up to volunteer or donate items.
For the first time ever, we are going to have audience participation for our final song this year! The students are very excited to share this experience with you, however, in order to be ready to join in on the fun, we are asking families to download this free jingle bell playing app PRIOR to the holiday program on their phones if you will be attending the 3rd-5th grade performance. THANKS!!
iJingle Bells (John Slater) is available on iPhone
Christmas Jingle Bells (Bytza Entertainment) is available for Android
One of our Georgetown students is collecting toys for Toys For Tots. Ainslee Tomaszewski has a goal of collecting 155 toys and we have received 62 as of Monday. These toys will go to families who are having difficulty affording gifts this year.
Please bring your unwrapped gift to school by Thursday, December 8!
December is here, and that means it is time for two fun Georgetown holiday traditions: the holiday shop where students can purchase gifts for their family members, and the candy cane sale! Read on for more information on each.
A flyer was sent home last week about the Penguin Patch Holiday Shoppe. Our class will be shopping on Tuesday, Dec. 6 at 12:15 PM.
The annual 5th grade Candy Cane sale is officially here!
- Early dismissal on Friday, December 2.
- Holiday Shop December 5-8. Watch your child’s teacher’s classroom blog for shopping dates.
- Candy cane sale from December 5-16.
- Georgetown holiday program will be on the evening of December 13. Please watch your child’s teacher’s blog further details as this date approaches.
- Holiday parties will be on December 21.
- Multiplication and Division with Fractions
- Wrapping up our unit on Three Worlds Meet
- Wrapping up Literary Essays
- Informational Reading
- Goodie Factory fundraiser items must be picked up at school on Wednesday, Nov. 16 between 3:00 and 5:30 PM. Watch for a Reminder/Confirmation note to come home on Monday.
- Remaining balance for fifth-grade camp and activities is due on Friday, November 18.
- Thanksgiving break will be from November 23-27.
This coming Friday is Veteran’s Day! We will honor this day and all the veterans by wearing RED WHITE AND BLUE. Please visit the school blog with more information about Veteran’s Day.
- A camp chaperone note came home earlier this week. If you are interested in volunteering for fifth grade camp on May 23-24, the note must be completed and returned by February 12th.
- No school for students on February 8 and 9.
- Rather than having traditional classroom parties, the fifth grade teachers have planned an activity for the entire fifth grade.
- Moby Max has replaced Math Facts Pro for fact fluency. Both teachers and students find this fact fluency tool much more friendly to use. Please have your child practice their facts several times a week