- Look for some important papers coming home on Thursday:
- Red note to come home regarding pick up arrangements for when we arrive at school after camp on Friday, May 19. Please fill out this sheet and return it by Tuesday, May 16.
- Pink course selection sheet from the middle school. Please fill out and return it to your child’s teacher by Tuesday, May 16.
- If you plan to visit while we are at fifth-grade camp, please notify your child’s teacher by Tuesday, May 16. Please include the time you plan to arrive (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- On Friday, May 26, the fifth-graders are off to Craig’s Cruisers to celebrate their time spent together at Georgetown Elementary. We are in need of many chaperones for this fun trip. We would like to invite you to sign up to chaperone this fun trip we’ve arranged. Please click on the link below to sign up if you are able to help out.
5th Grade Celebration Sign Up
This morning we had some visitors in room 301! Mr. Olson, the principal at Baldwin Street Middle School, and Annika, a student from last year’s fifth-grade class, came to answer some of our questions about middle school. Your child received two handouts:
- one including important dates for the middle school transition process
- one listing some school supplies that your child will need to be successful in middle school
Please take the time to look over these together and keep them in a safe place. Questions about dates or other specifics from the handouts should be directed to the office at the middle school. They can be reached at (616)669-7750.
In the afternoon, music staff came to do some instrument fittings. Students received a packet of information about options for music next year. Please take a few minutes to look over this information as well.