- Colds and flu are running rampant, and all three fifth grade classrooms are running low on tissues and disinfectant wipes. Any donations of these items for our classrooms would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for helping us keep your children healthy!
- Your children were so well behaved and respectful on our trip to the symphony. We enjoyed the music as well as the opportunity to see art by some Georgetown students.
- Operations and Word Problems
- Road to Revolution
- Students are reading historical fiction novels and writing their own historical fiction stories.
As a reward for reaching 30 outstanding awards this year, I am providing a pizza for the class for lunch on Friday, Jan. 20. I will provide 2 slices of pizza per student as well as brownies. Students are welcome to bring a drink or an additional side from home if they need more to eat at lunch time. Please remember that Georgetown is pop free school.
I hope you all enjoyed your snow day today! The update for this week is short, but it contains important information about holiday activities at GES.
- GES Holiday Program is Tuesday, Dec. 13! Mrs. Bretz and the students have been busy preparing a wonderful program for you to enjoy. Information about when and where students should report can be found on Mrs. Bretz’s blog.
- Our classroom holiday party will be on Wednesday, Dec. 21 from 9:45-10:45. Check your email for information that I sent home over the weekend including a link to sign up to volunteer or donate items.
We are wrapping up our social studies unit, and we will have taking a unit test on Thursday, Dec. 8. We filled out a test review/study guide together in class yesterday, and your child should have brought it home. Please have them review a few minutes each day to be ready for the test next Thursday.
This coming Friday is Veteran’s Day! We will honor this day and all the veterans by wearing RED WHITE AND BLUE. Please visit the school blog with more information about Veteran’s Day.
No need to pack a lunch on Monday, Oct. 17. That is the day that we will enjoy our limo ride and lunch at Pizza Ranch. We will be away from school from noon until about 1:30.
- Early release for students: Friday, Oct. 14.
- Reading expectation 100 minutes per week.
- Our fifth grade fundraiser will begin on Friday, October 7. Watch for information to come home with your child.
- Moby Max – All fifth grade students are expected to complete five minutes of math fact fluency practice at home each night (Monday through Thursday) using Moby Max. Success in fifth grade math is highly dependent on fact fluency and number sense.
- Addition and Subtraction with Decimals
- Thinking Like Historians
- Character Analysis
- Literary Essay
If you would like to attend a school event (field trip) or volunteer at school, you must complete a background check.
The district has streamlined the process allowing parents to access the form online (laptop, tablet or smartphone).
Visual directions for accessing the form are below. To access the form online, please visit the website link here.