Report cards will be sent home with students at the end of the day on Monday, March 12. I will have an extra copy of each child’s report card at conferences for those parents who may not have a chance to look over the report card prior to their scheduled conference time.
Hello parents! It’s a bit of a short update this week but we’ll connect in person early-mid next week during our conference time.
- Conferences – I am looking forward to meeting with you at conferences!
- Link to my conference schedule
- March 15 – Instrument fittings
- Teachers from the middle school will be coming to Georgetown; they will bring band and orchestra instruments here to have the students try them out.
- School Safety Request from Mr. Cooley
- If your child is a safety, please check at home for any brightly-colored safety belts that may be around. We need those to rotate to new safeties each week. Thank you!
Students have a homework assignment to complete in Study Island.
- Log in through Clever (see link under technology links).
- Find assignment titled “Math Homework 2/22.”
- Read over the lesson.
- Complete a practice session. This should include 1o questions or problems. Make sure to click “End Session” when you’re finished.
- Give your best effort. I will use the results of this practice opportunity to determine whether you understand how to find perimeter.
I wanted to remind you that we will have our unit 4 social studies test on Thursday. Students have a paper study guide, and they also have access to an online tool called Quizzizz. The benefit of Quizzizz is that students can see questions that are formatted similarly to those on the test. They can also go back and review their performance on the Quizzizz game to see which ideas they need to review a little more.
REMEMBER Thursday, 2/8/18 is JET’s PIZZA NIGHT
Would LOVE to have our class win! Get a pizza and tell them your child is in Mrs. Ball’s Class at Georgetown!
- Mid-winter Break – no school on Monday, February 5 or Tuesday, February 6
- Parent chaperones are needed for fifth grade camp, which is on May 17-18.
- Look for a form to come home with information about volunteering as a chaperone.
- If you’re interested in volunteering, please return the form no later than Wednesday, February 14.
- Names of interested parents will be entered into a drawing.
- All parents will be notified whether they’ve been selected on February 28.
- Valentine’s Activities
- Our Valentine’s activity for fifth grade will be a classroom activity.
- We will NOT need parent volunteers for our activity, but we will be asking for snack donations. Look for an email with information from your child’s classroom teacher regarding donation opportunities.
- We will have classroom Valentine exchanges on February 14. If your child chooses to participate, please send in a Valentine for every student in the class. A class list was attached to an email sent yesterday.
- Georgetown 2025 5th grade t-shirt day! On Friday, January 19th we will be celebrating being a Georgetown 5th grader! Wear your 2025 t-shirt!
- Any remaining balances for fifth grade camp/activities will be due on February 1. An updated account reminder was sent home earlier this week.
What’s Coming Up – Week of December 4-8
- Penguin Patch Holiday Shoppe will be at Georgetown December 4-6. Additional information was sent home with students earlier this week. Our class will be shopping on Tuesday, Dec. 5 at 2:30. If you send a check with your child for the holiday shop, please make it payable to Georgetown PTC.
- Candy cane sale Dec. 4-15. Students who wish to purchase a candy cane may bring in $1. Candy canes will be delivered to students each day.
- Georgetown Elementary Holiday Program is on Thursday, December 14 at Fair Haven. Watch your teacher’s blog for specific details.
- Our classroom holiday breakfast will be on Friday, Dec. 22. To sign up to volunteer or donate items, click here.
Students have math homework tonight. Some are struggling with the concept of dividing a whole number by a unit fraction or a unit fraction by a whole number.
These tutorials are available on Khan Academy. The videos are really useful for students to watch if they are feeling confused. Below each video is a practice opportunity as well as links to other videos on the topic.