What’s Coming Up-Week of Mar. 13
- I’m looking forward to seeing all of you at conferences this week.
- Report cards were sent home with students today. Since the end of year report cards will be mailed or sent by email, there is no need to return the envelopes.
- Book Fair is this week. We had a chance to preview today, and students made wish lists. Our class will shop on Wednesday, March 15.
- We had a guest reader today! Dr. Ceglarek came to our classroom and shared a favorite book of his, The Magician’s Hat, by Malcolm Mitchell, and avid reader and a member of the New England Patriots football team. Dr. Ceglarek introduced the book with this video. We really enjoyed learning about Malcolm Mithcell and reading his book.
- Health movie on March 30.
- Operations and Word Problems
- Students are wrapping up their own historical fiction stories.
I hope you all enjoyed a restful break! In room 301, we are jumping right back into our normal routine.
- Many thanks to all of you who donated items or volunteered for your holiday breakfast. The kids and I really enjoyed this time together!
- Thank you for all of the lovely and thoughtful gifts! I am blessed to be part of such a kind and loving school community.
- Early dismissal on Friday, January 13.
- Fifth graders have begun the T.E.A.M. program. T.E.A.M. stands for teaching, mentoring and educating, and it is school liaison program led by the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Department. We are excited to have Deputy Eric Smith as our T.E.A.M. instructor this year.
- Multiplication with Whole Numbers & Decimals
- Students should still be practicing their math facts for five minutes each night at home using Moby Max.
- Colonization and Settlement
- Informational Writing
- Informational Reading
I hope you all enjoyed your snow day today! The update for this week is short, but it contains important information about holiday activities at GES.
- GES Holiday Program is Tuesday, Dec. 13! Mrs. Bretz and the students have been busy preparing a wonderful program for you to enjoy. Information about when and where students should report can be found on Mrs. Bretz’s blog.
- Our classroom holiday party will be on Wednesday, Dec. 21 from 9:45-10:45. Check your email for information that I sent home over the weekend including a link to sign up to volunteer or donate items.