We had so much fun at our fall party on Friday. Thank you so much for donating items, snacks, and drinks and for volunteering your time! I’d especially like to thank Ann for taking great photos. As you can see, we shared lots of laughs and a good time was had by all.
Here are a few additional updates and reminders for the week.
Parent Teacher Conferences
- Your scheduled conference time was communicated earlier today via email.
- If you are not able to make your scheduled time, please let me know.
Turkey Trot CANCELLED due to weather!
- Students are encouraged to wear their Turkey Trot shirts to school on Tuesday.
Halloween Party Reminders- October 27th from 2:15-3:15
- Halloween Student Costume Codes
- Please ensure that your child’s costume is school appropriate and does not have too-scary-for-school components such as fake blood, frightening masks, weapons etc. This should be a fun time for all students and should show respect for all.
- To avoid distractions, students should NOT come to school dressed in their costume. There will be an opportunity to get dressed before the party starts.
- Please ensure that your child’s costume and components are labeled to prevent loss.
- Volunteering on the day?
- Due to parking limitations, parties are open to parents that are volunteering to support the party.
- Party Volunteers: Make sure you are background checked. Fill out the form in the “Background Check” page on the blog. Please keep younger siblings at home to allow for space in the classrooms. Volunteers can arrive 15 minutes before the party begins.
- I am adding one more spot to our SignUp page. I’m looking for a parent who’d be willing to use my camera to take photos for the blog during our party. Click here to sign up.
Hello Parents! Another busy week has gone by and so many new learning opportunities are happening!
- Fifth grade Halloween parties will be on Friday, Oct. 27 from 2:15-3:15. Please use our fall party link (SignUp.com) to view volunteer needs and/or to donate items. We’re looking forward to a fun afternoon! Thanks!
- Goodies Factory fundraising information was sent home yesterday! Orders and payment are due Monday, Oct. 30th! For payment, please write one check payable to Georgetown Elementary. For more information, click here!
- We are wrapping up Unit 2: Addition and Subtraction with Decimals.
- Students are participating in book clubs and gathering evidence to write a literary essay analyzing a character.
- We are investigating how organisms affect the Great Lakes.
This week has all been about groups and group work. We’re laying the foundation to real-world collaboration with others by working on projects that involve careful listening, sharing and contributing towards a common goal as a group. At times, this can be tough, however, if we continually reflect on our performance and work to get better, positive outcomes will happen.
Fifth grade is filled with memorable activities such as camp and celebration. The cost for fifth grade activities this year is $100. Families of fifth graders can choose to pay their $100 or take advantage of a fundraiser to raise some or all of the money.
This year, families have the opportunity to participate in a fundraiser by selling products from The Goodies Factory. This will be our main fundraiser for the year.
Timeline: Starts Thursday, October 18th
Orders are due on Monday, October 30th with payment for all items
Delivery of items is Tuesday, November 14th; pickup for large orders is from
3pm-5pm (we can not hold items overnight)
We get 40% back from our sales. That means if a student sells $250 worth of items, he or she will have paid their activities fee.
Please make checkc payable to Georgetown Elementary.
I hope your families have been able to take some time to enjoy this beautiful weekend. On Friday afternoon, we did a fun craft activity with our kindergarten buddies. You should be so proud of the leadership and kindness your children demonstrate with their buddies. We ended the day with popsicles and some time with our buddies on the playground. Miss Hutichison took some adorable photos and posted them on her classroom blog. Click here to visit her blog and your your amazing kids in action!
It is hard to believe that we have already completed our first month of school! I’m really enjoying watching your kids come together as a community. Here are a few highlights from this week:
- On Thursday morning, I needed to be out of the classroom for a training. The substitute reported that your kids were well behaved and worked hard.
- On Friday, we conducted a lockdown practice. Our class was outside at the time that the lockdown practice was called, and the students did a great job of following instructions quickly and calmly.
- We enjoyed a visit by Eagles varsity football players, cheerleaders, super fans, and members of the drumline.
- We ended the day by spending some time enjoying a craft activity with our kindergarten buddies.
- We are excited to begin science this week!
- New reading logs will be coming home on Monday. Students are responsible for reading 100 minutes each week and having a parent initial their reading logs. Reading logs will be checked each Monday morning.
- Book It calendars are also coming home. Please note that students should still be filling out their classroom reading log; Book It calendars are turned in to Mrs. VandenBerg at the end of the month.
- PTC meeting – Thursday, Oct. 5 6:30 in the Georgetown Elementary Library
- Popcorn Friday – October 6