FYI, General, Welcome

Summer Reading

I hope you have enjoyed your first week of summer break! My family’s plans for the summer include a good mix of fun activities and relaxing at home. Whether we are at home or on vacation, we have set two priorities for the summer. First, we plan to get outside and be active. Second, we plan to read every day. We know that both of these things are good for our brains!

Are you looking for something to read? Be sure to stop by Georgetown Elementary between 10:00 AM and noon on the following dates for open library. I will be there on June 21 and possibly on another day or two as well.

• Tuesday, June 21
  • Tuesday, June 28
  • Tuesday, July 12
  • Tuesday, July 19
  • Tuesday, July 26 (check-in only)

Do you need a little motivation to keep reading this summer? Check out these links for information on a variety of summer reading programs and resources.

GVSU Athletics Summer Reading Program – earn tickets to a GVSU football game by reading throughout the summer!

Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Triathlon – earn a free book by completing three of the activities on the printable reading journal.

Schuler Books Summer Reading Club 2016 – earn up to three $5.00 coupons for Schuler Books and Music.

Many public libraries also have summer reading programs for kids; these programs often include prizes and fun activities.