Back To School, FYI, General

Day One Recap and Talent Activity Reminder

Wow! What a great first day we had together. We enjoyed getting to know one another, learning classroom procedures, and meeting our kindergarten buddies. We even wrote our buddies notes to congratulate them on completing their first day of kindergarten. We also spent some time talking about a growth mindset vs. a fixed mindset. We learned that we can learn anything because our brains are made to learn. Look for a note to come home later this week with some more information about fostering a growth mindset if your child.

We were so busy today that I completely forgot to remind students about our talent sharing activity that starts tomorrow. Students who are scheduled to share their talents on Wednesday are Briella, Brycen, Alex, Gavin B., Ethan, Diego, Anna, Caleb D., Lauren B.,  and Lauren G. For more information, please refer to the sheet that you received at our open house last week or click here for an electronic version.

Last but not least, I would like to encourage students to bring a water bottle to keep at their desk so that they can sip on it throughout the day. This is especially important when the weather is as hot as it was today. Water only in the classroom, please; save juice, Gatorade, etc. for lunch time or for after school.

Thank you for sharing your children with me! I am looking forward an awesome year together.