We’re a few weeks into the year, and our class is adjusting well to the routine and expectations of fifth grade. Please take a few minutes to read about daily homework expectations for fifth graders in room 301.
- Students are expected to read outside of the school day for 100 minutes each week.
- This breaks down to 2o minutes, 5 times per week.
- I officially check reading logs each Monday, but I sometimes do spot checks as well, so please make sure that your child is keeping his or her reading log in the take home folder.
- Students are to log the number of minutes read per day and have a parent or caregiver initial each day.
- Students are to write the total number of minutes in the box at the end of each week.
- Students are to list the books they are reading at home on the back of the sheet.
- Parents, it is your child’s responsibility fill in everything except the parent initials. This is a good opportunity for your child to practice responsible work habits in preparation for middle school.
Moby Max Fact Fluency
- Students are expected to practice their math facts using Moby Max five minutes per school night.
- Fifth grade math includes more complicated concepts, and fact fluency is crucial to a student’s success.
- Students should log in through Clever. There is a link to Clever in the technology links on the right side of the blog.