After many days off and then a two hour delay this morning, I was so glad to see your children’s smiling faces this morning! I will provide the usual weekly update later this week, but I wanted to give you some information on some upcoming events.
- Fifth grade camp will be here before we know it! We are looking for parents who would be interested in chaperoning at camp. Today your child should bring home a sheet detailing the dates of camp and expectations of chaperones. If you are interested in being a chaperone for camp, please follow the instructions on the sheet.
- Valentine’s Day is next Thursday.
- In fifth grade, we do not do parties for Valentine’s Day.
- We will have an optional Valentine exchange. If your child chooses to participate, please have him or her bring a Valentine for each student in the class (27). It is best if your child simply fills out the “From” portion of the Valentine and leaves the “To” portion blank. This makes the distribution process much more efficient.
- We will decorate bags to use to gather our Valentines, so there is no need to create a box or container to send in.