What’s Coming Up – Week of February 10-14, 2020
- Camp Chaperones – A letter came home outlining chaperone opportunities. Please return this with your level of interest by Tuesday, Feb 18th. Parents will be notified by March 2nd.
- Valentine’s Day
- In fifth grade, we do not have individual parties for Valentine’s Day.
- We will have an optional Valentine exchange. If your child chooses to participate, please have him or her bring a Valentine for each student in the class .
- We will decorate bags to use to gather our Valentines, so there is no need to create a box or container to send in.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (Monday, March 9 & Wednesday, March 11)
- Please see the link with the Spring parent-teacher conference schedule here.
- Baldwin Street Middle School Visit
- Our class will be visiting Baldwin Street Middle School on Monday, March 9.
- We will be away from Georgetown from 10:30-2:00.
- Look for more details in the coming weeks.
- We are beginning unit 5, Division of Whole Numbers & Decimals.
- Students should be completing MobyMax Fact Fluency practice at home for five minutes per day unless they have mastered all math facts.
- We’re continuing our reading unit which is investigating non-fiction texts and tackling text complexity.
- We are publishing our literary essays which are about themes in our book club books.
- Students should be reading for 20 minutes each night and filling out the reading log.
- We’re launching our unit: Go With the Flow which investigates invasive species and their impact on our waterways.
- We are continuing our fourth unit, Life in the Colonies, which examines the development and impact of growing colonial regions.