- We are wrapping up Unit 2: Adding & Subtracting whole numbers & decimals. We will begin work on Unit 3: Multiplication and Division with Fractions
- We will continue to focus on mastering our multiplication and division math facts. Please practice these at home and utilize your child’s online access to MobyMax Fact Fluency homework.
- We are continuing our writing unit on writing a personal narrative.
- At home reading logs are due every Monday morning.
- We are continuing our unit called Three Worlds Meet which examines the interaction between Native Americans, Europeans, and Africans in North America.
Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences
- An email was sent regarding virtual conferences on Friday, Oct. 30. Please check your inbox and sign up for a time slot on the link provided.
P.E. CARES Food Drive
The annual P.E. C.A.R.E.S food drive will be starting on November 4. We are asking for your help by bringing in non-perishable food items for Love Inc. in Hudsonville.
Food items to consider are canned vegetables and fruits, pasta, rice, baked beans, black beans, kidney beans, peanut butter, tuna fish, etc. (please no ramen noodles, and please do not break apart packaged food)
The food drive will continue until Nov. 18. We will be keeping track of how many items each class brings in. The class with the most items brought in by NOON on Nov. 18 will win a P.E. C.A.R.E.S t-shirt and a bowling trip to Hudsonville Lanes (if allowed this year).
This is a great opportunity for our students to care for their community, to teach our kids compassion and love for others. Thanks for sharing in this service project with us at Georgetown.