- Jet’s Pizza Night ~ Thursday, January 14th
- Early Release ~ Friday, January 15th.
- We will be assessing our work involving the division of whole numbers and unit fractions by midweek.
- We are focusing on themes and will begin forming book clubs for students to focus on theme work in small groups.
- We are exploring our unit on Colonization and Settlement which examines early colonial regions.
Reader’s Workshop Challenge + Genre Review
Upon our return, we embarked on the Tower of Books Challenge, a
reading challenge for your child!
Here’s how it works:
Your child’s goal is to read all of the books from a variety of genre categories. They will check off one of the boxes each time a book is read. After checking off a box, it’s time for him/her to add to… their Tower of Books! In this challenge, your child will read 20 “just right” books between now and the end of the year and they will get to try some different types of books they may not have read before, and all the while have fun keeping track of their reading! Happy stacking!