What’s Coming up-Week of March 8-12, 2021
Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences
- An email was sent to parents last week regarding virtual conferences which will be held on March 8 or March 10. Please check your inbox for an email from your child’s classroom teacher and sign up for a time slot on the link provided if you haven’t already done so.
March Reading Month
- Georgetown will be celebrating reading for the month of March. We will have a school wide western theme of Saddle Up & Read! (Tied to Book Fair’s “Wild West” theme.)
- A Daily/Weekly Reading Goal calendar will be sent home with the students. As a parent you will sign the log agreeing that your child read for the 5th grade weekly goal. Goal for 5th grade is 30 minutes a day or 150 minutes per week. If they reach this goal their name will be put in a weekly drawing.
- We will have dress up days each Friday in March. Our next dress up day is Friday, March 12. We welcome you to dress like a cowboy or cowgirl and wear flannel or plaid.
- As in the fall, there will be a book fair for the kids to shop in person or online during conference week. Our preview day is Tuesday, March 9, and our shopping day is Thursday, March 11
- Our chromebooks have arrived! If your child wants to bring in a pair of wired headphones, we encourage them to keep their headphones in a labeled ziplock bag.