About Mrs. Ball

Hello!  My name is Nicole Ball, and this is my seventh year teaching fifth grade at Georgetown Elementary.  I have been with Hudsonville Public Schools since 2000.  I taught seventh grade ELA at Baldwin Street Middle School for five years.  During that time, I worked to earn my certification as a school library media specialist.  In 2005, I moved into the position of middle school media specialist for both Baldwin and Riley Street Middle Schools. I worked in that position for nine years before coming to Georgetown to teach fifth grade.  My passion is helping students develop deep and rich reading lives.  Working as a media specialist allowed me to do just that, but I really missed having my own classroom, and I love helping fifth-graders prepare to be successful in middle school.

I grew up in Hudsonville and completed my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Grand Valley State University.  My husband Mike and I have been married for twenty years; we live in Hudsonville with our two boys, Evan and Carter.  As a family, we enjoy traveling and watching sports, especially hockey and baseball.  We like to combine those interests, and many of our family trips include seeing a game in a new stadium or arena. When I have time to myself, I enjoy reading, writing, or cooking.